Whether hiking through the Lava Flow trail from 1968´s eruption, traversing into the rainforest and deep nature or celebrating your special occasion, enjoy a remarkable occasion filled with scenic beauty in our 360° viewpotins of the Arenal Volcano accompanied by the breathtaking Arenal Lake.
Choose the perfect tour for you
Two different hiking trails walking on hills formed by lava during the Arenal Volcano 1968 eruption.
Find here Los Patos Lagoon, medium difficulty trails through a very original landscape and great panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake.
Private parking, restrooms and showers available.
Open daily from 8 am – 5 pm (Last Entrance at 4:00 pm)
Fee: $25 per person.
- Maintain an appropriate and respectful attitude in the defined route of the trails.
- Respect the flora and fauna environment in balance (Do not take the plants from their place, or feed wild animals).
- Avoid playing pranks on relatives or acquaintances to avoid any type of incident.
- Do not throw waste of any kind along the paths.
- Report any special medical condition before starting the trails. (Prostheses, recent fractures, recent operations, splints, heart conditions, muscle injuries, etc.)
- Do not use combustion vehicles on the hiking trails, or drones without authorization.
- Read all the communication, warning and prevention signs in the Arenal 1968 activities.
- Use sun protection, repellent, comfortable and closed shoes for the journeys.
Enjoy a tropical drink and a snack while you get amuse for the amazing natural views.
Can you imagine this great spot for your wedding or special event?
We totally can make that happen! Let us know your thoughts and we work it out a proposal to make a memorable event with the Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake as the scenario.
Can you imagine saying I do while the Arenal Volcano witnesses in the background? Would you like to celebrate your birthday in the inmediacy of Lake Arenal?
No matter what is your special occasion, we can lend a hand. Tell us about the special event you plan on celebrating during the non-rainy months (from December to April) and we will help you organize a perfect moment you will never forget with your loved ones.
For more information, you can contact us by sending an email to:
How to get here?
On street 142, take the El Castillo dirt road for 1.5 km; La Fortuna, San Carlos, Costa Rica.
A little collection of our photographs.